Entry Deadline: June 1, 2019, 11:59pm
Entry Fee: $35
The BAC accepts exhibition proposals once per year. Our call for exhibition proposals encourages solo artists and groups of all levels to organize and present a professional exhibition with the guidance and support of our staff. The BAC's gallery hosts up to three solo or group proposed exhibitions each calendar year. Our gallery committee consisting of local artists and art professionals makes the exhibition selections.
Local, national and international artists are eligible for consideration. Group and solo exhibitions of all media are welcome to apply. All applications must be entered online through the BAC's submission form.
Gallery Floor Plan
Please view the floor plan for the first and second floor HERE.
• Submit all application materials electronically via the submission form below.
• Exhibiton proposals must be submitted by one artist. This can be an artist proposing a solo exhibition or an artist proposing a group exhibition.
• Artists must submit 5-10 digital images, an exhibition narrative and resumes of each artist involved. Images MUST be in jpg format, high quality, 1 MB size max. All work must be accompanied by title, materials and dimensions (fill out on submission form). Exhibition narrative and resumes MUST be in pdf format.
• Format for image files: ArtistLastName_ExhibitionTitle_1, LastName_ExhibitionTitle_2, etc.
• Format for narrative files: ArtistLastName_ExhibitionTitle_Proposal.pdf
• Format for resume files: ArtistLastName_ExhibitionTitle_Resume.pdf
• Any A/V equipment required for the exhibit will need to be provided by the artist.
• Proposals should be made in consideration of the BAC's gallery space. Visiting us before applying is strongly encouraged.
• Submissions without payment of entry fee will not be considered.
*Brookline Arts Center reserves the right to withdraw acceptance if quality does not reflect images or if the artist violates requirements.
Artists will be notified of their status via e-mail four weeks after the application deadline. If selected, BAC staff will arrange a meeting with you prior to your installation period. All exhibitions will be approximately one month in length. The placement of the exhibit within the calendar year may be timed to accommodate BAC special events.
*Artwork can be listed for sale at a price determined by the artist. The BAC is entitled to 30% commission.
Please call 617-566-5715, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.